HTMLSeptember 21, 2019
Assignment WriteupSeptember 21, 2019
Examine the article by Clarke et al. (2006) about risk communication in the Anthrax attacks. What were some of the key events and strategies used to communicate during the events?
Read or Review
- Module 3: Organizations in Critical Incident Response: the following parts of the commentary:
- Part II: Organizational Interface with the Community: Communicating with the Public in Critical Incidents
- Part III: Summary
- Lindsay, B.R. (2011). Social Media and Disasters: Current Uses, Future Options, and Policy Considerations. Report# R41987, Washington, D.C: Congressional Research Service http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/homesec/R41987.pdf
- Covello, V. (n.d.). Effective Risk and Crisis Communication during Water Security Emergencies. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCkQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fcfpub.epa.gov%2Fsi%2Fsi_public_file_download.cfm%3Fp_download_id%3D461264&ei=r9rmUvmHO9SksQTbjYCgCw&usg=AFQjCNFg6oGpMut1qqGJNXyihWI8B9y_OA&bvm=bv.59930103,d.cWc
- Paul, S. (2012, April 9). How Social Media is Changing Disaster Response. http://mashable.com/2012/04/09/social-media-disaster-response-government/
- Course Resources: eReserves: Clarke, L. et al. (2006). Speaking with One Voice: Risk Communication Lessons from the US Anthrax Attacks, Journal of Contingency and Crisis Management, 14(3). http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1963291/pdf/0971578.pdf
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"