•Identify and explain the three other sources of laws that control healthcare. July 2, 2018
Summarize the history of when, how, and why managed care was developed.July 2, 2018
Comparing State Policies on Sexually Transmitted Diseases
The purpose of the final project is to engage you in writing a health policy analysis. There are five steps in the health policy analysis process.
Using South University Online Library or the Internet, research on a sexually transmitted disease (STD) policy of the state you reside in. Once you identify an STD policy from the state you reside in, visit your state health department or browse your state’s website and search for the STD policy you selected.
Next, write a research paper describing this public health policy analysis and background. The final paper should include the following:
- A title page
- An introduction of policy analysis in two to three paragraphs discussing the following:
- A body
- Health policy background (one page):
- The state’s role in the policy-making process
- The purpose of public health policy
- Public health policy analysis five-step process discussing the following:
- A problem statement (in the form of a question) (two paragraphs)
- Background of a policy analysis provides factual information needed to understand the problem. Include economic issues of policy as well as regulatory policy (two pages).
- The landscape section of a policy analysis identifies key stakeholders and describes the factors that are needed to analyze the problem. Write the landscape section on policy analysis. Include balance of patient rights versus protecting the population. Include any influence from government insurance programs. Your response should be of at least three pages
- Options (three or four) to address the policy problem. Your response should be of at least three pages.
- Recommendations section should clearly identify three options. Which of the three options is favored and why is it is preferred over the other ones. Your response should be of at least one page.
- A conclusion
- Your conclusion (one page) should address the following main points:
- Your recommendation and the reasoning behind it.
- Summarize your findings.
- Explain the barriers to implementing policy analysis process and how they could be overcome.
Your paper should be a minimum of 12- to 13-pages in a Microsoft Word document. You need a minimum of six scholarly sources for both in-text citations and citations on the reference page.
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"