HR Businnes SchoolAugust 6, 2019
Suppose That Purely Competitive Firms Producing Cashews Discover That P Exceeds MC.August 6, 2019
Due Week 4 and worth 180 points
Coral reefs are among the most biologically diverse ecosystems on Earth. They are also among the most threatened ecosystems on Earth. For this assignment, you will discuss the importance of, threats to, and protection of coral reefs.
Write a 3–5-page paper in which you do the following:
- Describe three reasons coral reefs are important to ocean life; then, determine two potential benefits coral reefs provide to both humans and the overall environment. Next, propose three economic or aesthetic benefits of coral reefs, and then explain which benefit you believe is most significant. Justify your response.
- Discuss three threats that coral reefs are currently facing. Then, for each of your chosen threats, suggest two reasons why these threats are occurring.
- Propose two strategies to protect coral reef systems from the threats you mentioned in Section 2, with special consideration to the costs and benefits of each of the protection methods.
- Discuss whether or not you believe that the two protection strategies you described in Section 3 should be implemented. Next, take a stance on whether you believe these actions should be strictly voluntary or mandated by local, federal, or international law. Predict two kinds of enforcement methods you believe would be most effective in ensuring their success.
- Use at least three quality resources/references in this assignment, in addition to the course text. Note: Wikipedia and personal blogs do not qualify as quality resources. A good place to start your research is the Strayer University Library at http://research.strayer.edu
- Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires the use of new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with 1-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow SWS format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, your name, your professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are as follows:
- Analyze the negative and positive impacts of human interaction with a specified ecosystem.
- Determine the fundamental principles of ecosystems and ecology.
- Assess the impact and effectiveness of environmental conservation methods and policy.