Identify current events a the local or national level related to substance use/abuse laws, policies lawsuits or other legal issues. Discuss the application of such laws/policies to the individual freedom of people.June 12, 2018
Describe one method that includes using evidence-based data to support a new or innovative ways to care for the aging now or in the future. How will it impact care and what are the anticipated outcomes?June 12, 2018
- Determine the issues or message (e.g., telehealth impact on your practice) you would to discuss with your legislator(s). American Nurses Association Legislative Priorities (http://goo.gl/clSgyT )
- Identify your legislators and contact information. Open-State (https://openstates.org/find_your_legislator/ ) and/or United States Congress (https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members ).
The student must choose three (3) different legislators. The student must write three (3) letters or emails or combination of letter/emails to their identified legislators (State and/or Federal). Legislators read correspondence, especially when it is personalized and clearly from a constituent. The following guidelines should be used when writing to your representative:
- Be brief (one page or less), and use your own words.
- Begin with the appropriate heading and address.
- Be specific: State the specific bill number and issue and state your opinion in the first sentence.
- Relate your experience with the issue. Use personal examples when possible. Your interest and concern about the issue is what counts, not your expertise.
- Ask the legislator to specifically commit to supporting or opposing the legislation you are writing about.
- Ask for specific reasons they are supporting or opposing the proposal.
- Sign and print your name and include your address and other contact information.
- If you have pertinent materials and/or editorials from local papers, include them.
- Avoid form letters/emails if possible. If you are using a sample or form letter, be sure to adapt it, especially in the first sentence and paragraph! Legislators and their aides recognize form letters and are less likely to be swayed by them.
- Thank him or her for considering your opinion.
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"