Clinical Guideline Paper Deep vein thrombosis (DVT)October 12, 2018
Public Health in Australia: Research the effect of chronic disease on Australia’s populationOctober 12, 2018
enous Thromboembolism (VTE) is a major risk during surgical intervention and in Australia most patients receive VTE Prophylaxis. Razzano (2015) agrees that surgery confers a risk of VTE to all patients (p568).
Discuss the assessment required and the nursing responsibilities for prevention of VTE for the person undergoing surgery. Razzano, L. (2015). Preventing Venous Thromboembolism in the Ambulatory Surgical Setting. AORN journal, 101(5), 567- 570.
Further information related to assessment
This is an academic essay and needs to be presented with an introduction, linked paragraphs and a conclusion.
It should be written in the 3rd person.
- Your essay needs to include accurate and systematic APA in-text and end of text referencing.
- Refer to a wide range of academic sources.
- You should have at least 10 references.
- The essay needs to be structured with: line spacing of at least 1.5; size 12 font; and side margins of at least 1cm.
- Papers will be examined by assessing whether the student has addressed the question directly, engaged in critical analysis of the issues that has been well supported by the relevant literature and has organized and presented the assignment in a suitable manner.
- A marking Rubrik (attached, page 12) will be used for the assignment.
- Essays must include page numbers.
- Dot points are not acceptable.
- The title page must identify which Topic has been chosen,
- the total word count (2000) and student number.
- Students must submit their assessments on or before the due date and time. Five percent (5%) of the total marks for this assignment will be deducted for each day the assignment is late. Assignments submitted after 5 days will not be accepted or marked.
- Students must review their TURNITIN to ensure academic standards are met and plagiarism is avoided.
- A further 5% of the total marks will be deducted for every 10% of words either above or below the limit of 2000 words.