If you are minority, did you compare yourself to white cultural norms when you were growing up? If you are white, were you aware of cultural norms of minority group? June 13, 2018
explain the ways in which the findings might be used in nursing practice, and address ethical considerations associated with the conduct of the study.June 13, 2018
Read through the emergency disasters below. Select one of these scenarios and then complete the following steps:
Imagine you are the director of FEMA using NIMS when this disaster occurs.
- Develop a PSA (using either Screencast or video) that informs the population of what will be done to resolve the issue. Address these elements in your video:
- Describe the nature of the situation.
- Explain what FEMA and others are doing to mitigate the situation.
- Explain what people need to do to stay safe and/or to get help in order to reduce panic.
- Your vocal tone should be one that is meant to reduce panic and provide a solid explanation of the above elements.
- Copy and paste the URL to your video or screencast within your discussion forum response. If you are unable to create a YouTube video for this discussion, you may use a screencast program. However, you do not need to develop a PowerPoint presentation. This discussion is meant to assess your communication abilities, therefore, the audio portion of the video and/or screencast is essential. If you elect to use the screencast option, you may simply use a picture of yourself reporting the above information in lieu of a PowerPoint.
Questions to think about while formulating your response to the public:
- What are the issues you will address first?
- Which organization is responsible for what? Where will you allocate your resources?
- What public health concerns are the results of each of these events?
- Which populations might be most at risk?
- What are some of the long-term health effects of these events?
- What other health concerns may arise from these events?
- What will you say to the people, who are desperately awaiting your direction?
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"