In collaboration with your approved course mentor, you will identify a specific evidence-based practice proposal topic for the capstone project. Consider the clinical environment in which you are currently working or have recently worked. The capstone project topic can be a clinical practice problem, an organizational issue, a quality improvement suggestion, a leadership initiative, or an educational need appropriate to your area of interest as well as your practice immersion (practicum) setting. Examples of the integration of community health, leadership, and an EBP can be found on the “Educational and Community-Based Programs” page of the Healthy People 2020 website.
Write a 500-750 word description of your proposed capstone project topic. Make sure to include the following:
You are required to retrieve and assess a minimum of 8 peer-reviewed articles. Plan your time accordingly to complete this assignment.
· Explains setting and/or context in which nursing problem, issue, suggestion, initiative, or educational need is observed.
· Explains the problem, issue, suggestion, initiative, or educational need.
· Describes the impact of the project topic on a) the work environment, b) the quality of care provision, and c) patient outcomes.
· Discusses the significance of and the implications to the nursing profession.
· Proposes a solution to the identified project topic.
· Identified components of PICOT:
P – Population of Focus
I – Intervention
C – Comparison
O – Outcome
(T – Time)