Lots of questions to address, this week, on death and bereavement. I want to begin this thread with a friends personal story (which is a response to one of the questions for this week’s post):October 22, 2021
Describe each diagnosis you choose by listing the symptoms and criteria required for the diagnosis and possible causes of the diagnosis.October 22, 2021
Read the Case Study for “Johnny” and review/score the DSM-5 Parent/Guardian-Rated Level 1 Cross-Cutting Symptom Measure—Child Age 6–17 form completed by the mother (attached).
Write a 500-750-word paper about Johnny and your findings. Include the following in your paper:
- What information/data did you gather from the DSM-5 Parent/Guardian-Rated Level 1 Cross-Cutting Symptom Measure?
- What will you do next based on the information from the Level 1 Measure?
- Identify the appropriate principal and provisional DSM diagnoses for “Johnny” and the rationale for each diagnosis given.
- What additional information do you need to either rule-in or rule-out the provisional diagnosis? Develop 5 questions you would ask (and to whom) to gather more information to support your decision. Provide a rationale for each question proposed.
- As a crisis counselor in a hospital setting, you will most likely come in contact with patients only once for an initial assessment. After the assessment is completed and you have identified the principal and or provisional diagnosis, what referrals and treatment recommendations would you make for Johnny?
At least five scholarly references in addition to the textbook in your paper to substantiate your findings.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.