Explain which of these interventions you might choose to use and why. Consider client values and your clinical expertise and how those might affect your decision of which intervention to use.October 9, 2021
Explain how operant conditioning could be used to teach your pet a trick or change your pet’s behavior. Include a description of how you would use either positive or negative reinforcement to increase the frequency of a desirable behavior.October 9, 2021
Your final exam essay gives you the opportunity to identify ethical problems faced by individuals or communities and propose reasonable solutions. You will apply theories we covered in this course, and interpret various issues using a number of ethical theoretical constructs, both traditional and contemporary. You will analyze, evaluate, and distinguish between ethical theories to critique contemporary issues. This activity aligns with module outcomes 1 and 2.
Your essay should be 1,000–1,200 words (4–5 pages), double-spaced, in APA format, and with 3 or more credible sources. Begin your essay by choosing one issue from the list below, and then choose a total of 6 theories (from the subsequent 3 options) to analyze your issue.
Choose one issue from the categories below, about which you feel most passionate:
- Animal Rights and Environmental Ethics
- Business or Health Care Ethics
- Cloning, Stem Cell Research, Genetic Issues
- Civil Liberties
- Death Penalty
- Drug Policy
- End of (Human) Life Issues
- Global Justice and Injustice
- Racism, Discrimination, Hate Crimes, Oppression
- War and Terrorism
Analyze your chosen issue using 6 theories. Choose 2 from each of the 3 categories listed below.
Choose 2 from the primary list:
- Utilitarian ethics
- Kantian ethics
- Virtue ethics
Choose another 2 from the traditional theories list:
- Ethical Egoism
- Ethical Relativism
- Divine Command Theory
- Natural Law Theory
- Social Contract Theory
Choose an additional 2 theories from the contemporary or non-Western list:
- African ethics
- Eastern ethics
- Feminist ethics or Care-based ethics
- Postmodernism ethics
- Environmental Theories (Ecofeminist, Deep Ecology…)
- 1,000–1,200 words in length (4–5 pages).
- Formatted according to APA standards, using Times New Roman, 12-point font, double spacing, and one inch margins.
Writing and Content Requirements:
- The introduction should explain the chosen issue in detail.
- The thesis, argument, or focus of the essay should be evident in the introduction.
- The body of the essay should:
- explain the approaches by various philosophers and/or ethical theories.
- analyze which approach(es) you find most compelling and explain why.
- incorporate high quality ideas and key concepts from the ethical theories.
- include some suggestions for the most practical solutions to your topic.
- assess the future of your chosen topic in terms of solutions.
- The entire essay should contain correct grammar, spelling, and syntax.
- Please use transitions between paragraphs.
- The essay should be documented by properly citing at least three or more credible sources.